Cultivating Community In A Time of Coronavirus
Using the guidelines of the CDC and other experts, we are beginning to reopen with precautions in place as we seek to fulfill our mission to help one another grow as deeply committed followers of Jesus Christ, courageously working to change our world. Join in one of these opportunities to connect with other members of our Trinity Heights community!
Below is information that can help you to connect with other members of our Trinity Heights community!
Bookmark this page, as we will update it regularly with new links for our virtual gatherings. Blessings to you all.
21-Day Racial Equity Challenge
21-Day Racial Equity Habit Building Challenge
We invite you to consider how we can be catalysts for racial equity in our part of the world by participating in a 21-Day Challenge. For 21 days, do one action to further your understanding of power, privilege, supremacy, oppression, and equity. The plan includes suggestions for readings, podcasts, videos, observations, and ways to form and deepen community connections.
Click to download the materials:
NOTE: The assignment list has links to each article, video, or podcast as a part of it. Click on the blue text (you might have to Control-click) to have the correct page open for you. Let us know if you have any problems with it!
Tuesday Morning Bible Study – Tuesdays at 10:00am in Room 101
Our Tuesday morning Bible study is meeting in person again. Masks are required as we look at scripture and have conversation about what we are reading.
Spiritual Gifts Study
1. Spiritual Gifts Introduction
- Read this article (click here) and
- watch this video (click here) that gives an overview of the Spiritual Gifts. Note- we have our own inventory, below, so please wait and take it instead of the ones referenced in the article (or take both if you want to!)
2. Spiritual Gifts Inventory for THUMC
- Fill out this survey (click here) to help determine your Spiritual Gifts. Your results will be compiled and sent back to you in a few days. Yes, there are other inventories. We ask that you take ours, so that we have the same baseline for comparing and for conversation. While you are waiting, you can go on to the next steps!
3. Bible Study
What does the Bible say about Spiritual Gifts? Our study today looks at the four main passages from the New Testament and explores what they say for us today.
- Click here to download a Worksheet to complete before watching the video.
- Click here for Video Introduction
- Click here to download Worksheet Answer Key.
4. Exploring Spiritual Gifts
There are many Spiritual Gifts, but what do they all mean? Pastor Lynn invites us to ponder the definitions of all the gifts.
5. Spiritual Gifts During a Pandemic
Our third video has the wrong title to keep you on your toes! Today, we ponder what ways we can use our Spiritual Gifts during a pandemic.
6. Spiritual Gifts in the Church
Finally, our last Our final video in our Spiritual Gifts study invites us to ponder how our spiritual gifts can be used in the church. We talk about clusters and what they have to do with our faith life.
Our youth group meets via Zoom Sundays at 11:15am for small group study and Sundays at 5:00PM for Youth Group. Contact Kevin Lester for more information and/or for a link to the meetings.
Joining a Virtual Gathering (via Zoom)
What you need to know before joining:
We are utilizing a free to use program called "Zoom." Zoom allows you to connect via a computer, smart phone, tablet, or even just by calling in. The first time you try to join via a device (other than calling), you will be asked to download the application and set up a free user account; you may want to click the meeting link a few minutes in advance as it may take you a few minutes to join the first time.
How to join:
- For tablets, smart phones, and/or computers: click the link for the group you want to join. It should take you directly to the group.
- If you do not have a computer or smartphone, you may use a traditional dial-in option to join by phone. Simply call the phone # listed at the appropriate time and you will join the group.
Small Group Ministries
Youth ministry is ever changing! Contact the church office to receive weekly emails about our youth ministry!
Children are welcome in worship! We have “busy bags” for kids during worship, and have an area for toddlers to play in while remaining in worship. Childcare will resume soon; contact the church office for details.
If you have a prayer request you would like shared with our pastor and/or prayer team, please compete the form below and it will auto-generate an email to be shared. Thank you and God bless you.